Virginia ENA is the state council of over 1500 Emergency Nurses throughout Virginia that are dedicated to the profession of Emergency Nursing. Involvement in ENA reflects a commitment to our Nursing practice and high quality Emergency Care.
ENA's mission is to advocate for patient safety and excellence in emergency nursing practice. ENA is considered the global emergency nursing resource and advocate for Safe Practice and Safe Care.
ENA's values, derived from the vision of co-founders Judith Kelleher and Anita Dorr, are guided by priorities.
- The inclusion and contributions of nursing in collaboration with healthcare partners to explore solutions to the challenges of emergency care delivery
- Compassion as an essential element of the emergency nursing profession
- And embrace inclusion and diversity in all interactions and initiatives
- The team-based delivery of resources that meet the highest quality standards of excellence for patients and emergency nurses
- Lifelong learning and a culture of inquiry for the discovery, translation and integration of evidenced-based research into emergency nursing practice
- Our Code of Ethics and adheres to the principles of honesty and integrity
- The spirit of philanthropy which allows the advancement of the profession of emergency nursing and improving the lives of patients throughout the world.
And we place the highest value on our members for their contributions to the care of patients and their families, the emergency nursing profession, and our organization.
Not an ENA member? Join now!