Welcome to ENA CONNECT! This online community provides members with a unique opportunity to converse, collaborate, and communicate with peers on issues relating to the field of emergency nursing. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established an ENA CONNECT Code of Conduct. By participating in this community, you agree that you have read and will abide by these rules and guidelines set forth below in the ENA CONNECT Code of Conduct.
The ENA CONNECT Code of Conduct governs your participation in and use of this online community. The rules and guidelines set forth below in the ENA CONNECT Code of Conduct apply to all members of ENA CONNECT (“participants,” “you,” or “users”) and constitute a binding, legal agreement between you, ENA, and its agents and assigns.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important rules and guidelines. Technical questions or concerns should be directed to ENAConnect@ena.org via the Contact Us link on this site. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both respectful and productive dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate participation in an ENA CONNECT community for anyone who violate these rules or guidelines.
Guidelines for Conduct and Etiquette
ENA CONNECT is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. The following guidelines advise participants on appropriate conduct and etiquette.
- Include a signature tag on all messages with your name, affiliation, location
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line.
- Only send a message to the entire group when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Do not personally challenge or attack others for any reason. If you have a concern about a post please use the “Flag as Inappropriate” feature or contact ENAConnect@ena.org.
- Use caution when discussing products and be mindful of copyright law.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Reserve discussions and shared files and content that is best suited to the medium.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate communities or libraries. Do not spam several communities or libraries with the same message.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire group. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Contact the site administrator at ENAConnect@ena.org or update your personal settings for administrative messages. Do not post messages such as “remove me from this community” to the group.
- While posts on non-industry related topics are allowed, please keep to a minimum and be respectful of others.
Participants are reminded to be conscious and aware of what they are posting. Any post deemed to be offensive or inappropriate by ENA will be removed. The following postings have been identified as inappropriate and prohibited. They will be removed immediately and the submitter may be blocked access to the group:
- Confidential patient or case-related information. HIPAA compliance is strictly enforced.
- Insulting, unprofessional, inflammatory, abusive, profane, and otherwise defamatory language content.
- Copyrighted or proprietary materials without permission.
- Job posting. Please visit ENA’s Job Center to post an open position or review current openings.
- Advertising or promotion of commercial products or services or products in conflict with ENA.
- Solicitation of members on behalf of an organization.
- Surveys, links to surveys, or requests for research participants. Researchers can request to have the link to their study posted to the ENA website. Complete details for the approval process for external research requests are available at: www.ena.org.
Community participants must adhere to the following rules:
- Users must comply at all times with the Standards for Privacy of Individually Identifiable Health Information (“Privacy Rule”) established by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to implement the requirements of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”). Information posted on the ENA CONNECT community will not be treated as confidential and, therefore, should not identify any patient by name or other identifying features, characteristics, or any other individually identifiable Patient Health Information, as defined under the Privacy Rule. In fact, since any information posted on ENA CONNECT may be downloaded, reproduced, and disseminated without the knowledge of user(s), users must use extreme care when posting or sending such information.
- Users acknowledge and agree that they (i) will not have any copyright or other property rights in or to information that they (or others) post on ENA CONNECT; (ii) specifically waive any such property rights; and (iii) hereby grant all users a license to use (including the right to publish) all information posted by them on ENA CONNECT.
- Users are prohibited from using ENA CONNECT to communicate about prices or terms of service, to exchange practice management or any other proprietary information, or otherwise communicate in a manner that may violate federal or state antitrust laws.
- Discussion topics are not to be relied on as specific medical advice, and such responses are not intended to constitute practice guidelines or advice.
- Users should exercise both common sense and courtesy in the messages they transmit on the Community and may not use the Community to transmit defamatory, obscene, and otherwise offensive communications.
- Users may not post or distribute files, articles, or other information subject to trademark, copyright, or other proprietary rights, except with the express consent of the owner of the rights.
- Users are prohibited from posting commercial messages or promotions, advertising, or selling goods or services.
- Users must respect the security of ENA CONNECT and may not attempt to gain access or provide access to areas private to ENA or ENA CONNECT.
- Users are prohibited from using ENA CONNECT for any purpose that may be illegal. For example, ENA CONNECT may not be used to solicit or disseminate information having to do with, or to conduct any activity relating to, illegal drugs, pornography, gambling, spreading computer viruses, software infringement, trafficking in credit card codes, price-fixing, illegal boycotts, or other crimes.
- ENA CONNECT may not be used in a manner that violates applicable federal, state or local laws, the ENA bylaws or any other policies, procedures, rules, or regulations of ENA.
- ENA shall deny access to ENA CONNECT to any individual who has not agreed to these Rules and reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by the terms set forth herein.
- ENA CONNECT is provided by ENA for educational and informational purposes only.
- ENA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to (i) remove any postings or other content that is not consistent with these Rules or otherwise not in the best interests of ENA; and (ii) suspend or terminate access to ENA CONNECT for violations of these Rules or for otherwise acting in a manner contrary to the interests of ENA.
This site is provided as a service for the members of Emergency Nurses Association (ENA). ENA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants Emergency Nurses Association and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Advertise for materials, programs or products for sale are not allowed. Using the community to conduct market research or posting surveys or links to surveys or requests for research participants cannot be posted to any ENA communities.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Emergency Nurses Association does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of Emergency Nurses Association we will take all appropriate action.
Emergency Nurses Association reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.
The views expressed on ENA CONNECT are those of the individual contributors. They do not and should not be construed as representing the views of ENA. ENA makes no warranty, guarantee, or representation as to the accuracy or sufficiency of the information posted on ENA CONNECT, whether posted by ENA or any third party, and ENA assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use or misuse of such information for any purpose. ENA disclaims any responsibility to maintain copies of any information posted on ENA CONNECT or to assure that such information is deleted. Unless specifically stated otherwise, ENA does not endorse, approve, recommend, or certify any information, advice, guidance, product, process, service or organization presented or mentioned on ENA CONNECT, and information from ENA CONNECT should not be referenced in any way to imply such approval or endorsement. NEVERTHELESS, ENA RETAINS THE RIGHT TO MONITOR POSTED INFORMATION AND REMOVE MESSAGES OR MATERIALS THAT IT BELIEVES DO NOT COMPLY WITH THE TERMS OF THIS RULES OR ARE NOT IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF ENA.
The Rules include a legally binding release, waiver, discharge, and covenant not to sue (collectively, “Release”), made voluntarily by you, on your own behalf, and on behalf of your heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, and assigns (collectively, “Releasor” or “you”) to ENA.
As the Releasor, you fully recognize that ENA does not require you to participate in or utilize ENA CONNECT. With informed consent, and for valuable consideration received, including access to ENA CONNECT, as the Releasor, you agree to assume and take on yourself all of the risks and responsibilities in any way arising from or associated with ENA CONNECT and any materials, information, guidance, or advice contained or posted on or to ENA CONNECT, and you release ENA and its affiliates, members, committees, board, officers, directors, legal representatives, employees, agents, administrators, assigns, and contractors (collectively, “Releasees”), from any and all claims, demands, suits, judgments, damages, actions, and liabilities of every name and nature whatsoever, whenever occurring, whether known or unknown, contingent or fixed, at law or in equity, that you may suffer at any time arising from or in connection with ENA CONNECT, your acts or omissions, or information you transmit in connection with your participation in and use of ENA CONNECT, and the materials, information, guidance, or advice contained on ENA CONNECT, including any injury or harm to others (collectively, “Liabilities”), and you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold Releasees harmless from and against any and all Liabilities.
As the Releasor, you recognize that this Release means that you are giving up, among other things, all rights to sue Releasees for injuries, damages, or losses that you may incur. You also understand that this Release binds your heirs, executors, administrators, legal representatives, and assigns, as well as yourself.
Choice of Law
These Rules shall be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Illinois, United States of America, exclusive of its choice of law or conflict of laws provisions. In addition, users consent to be subject to the exclusive personal jurisdiction of the state courts located in Cook County, Illinois or the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, whichever has jurisdiction, and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such court in the event of any dispute between the parties.
ENA reserves the right to modify or change the terms of the Rules as it determines from time to time in the best interests of ENA, provided that all ENA CONNECT users are notified prior to any such change. Use of ENA CONNECT constitutes the user’s continuing agreement to be bound by the Rules, as amended from time to time.
Acceptance of Rules
By joining ENA CONNECT, you (i) represent and warrant that you have read these Rules, including, without limitation the terms of the Release set forth above; (ii) fully understand the terms of these Rules (including, without limitation, the Release included herein) and acknowledge that you have had the opportunity to review these Rules (including, without limitation, the terms of the Release) with an attorney of your choosing if you so desire; and (iii) agree to be legally bound by the terms of these Rules.
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of our organization except as noted below.
Our Service Providers.
We may share your personal information with companies (including our affiliates) that perform services on our behalf, for example, companies that help process credit card payments. Our service providers are required by contract to protect the confidentiality of the personal information we share with them and to use it only to provide specific services on our behalf.
Government and Legal Disclosures.
We may disclose the personal information we collect through this Site, when we, in good faith, believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law (or a court order or subpoena); to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements that govern your use of this Site; or to protect the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, or others.
Lapse of Membership
ENA CONNECT is a members-only service. If your membership in ENA lapses or is terminated, you will automatically be denied access to ENA CONNECT.
Questions about ENA CONNECT or the ENA CONNECT Code of Conduct can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.