Our mission and who we are:
The Alaska Emergency Nurses Association’s mission is to advocate for patient safety and excellence in emergency nursing practice. We are a professional member’s organization recognized internationally for promoting greatness in emergency nursing through leadership, research, education, and advocacy.
- The inclusion and contributions of nursing in collaboration with healthcare partners to explore solutions to the challenges of emergency care delivery
- Compassion as an essential element of the emergency nursing profession
- And embrace inclusion and diversity in all interactions and initiatives
- The team-based delivery of resources that meet the highest quality standards of excellence for patients and emergency nurses
- Lifelong learning and a culture of inquiry for the discovery, translation and integration of evidenced-based research into emergency nursing practice
- Our Code of Ethics and adheres to the principles of honesty and integrity
- The spirit of philanthropy which allows the advancement of the profession of emergency nursing and improving the lives of patients throughout the world.
And we place the highest value on our members for their contributions to the care of patients and their families, the emergency nursing profession, and our organization.
Our unique challenges:
Alaska is the largest state (in area) in the United States and, in terms of emergency medical care, is very rural. Our state has many challenges due to geography, weather, and remote and isolated communities. More serious emergencies may require a helicopter to receive proper care. We also have unique types of trauma that are specific to Alaska due to the previously indicated extreme terrain and weather conditions.
Not an ENA member? Join now!