Here at NMENA we support and promote emergency nursing in all aspects of the rural state setting. Emergency Departments are spread throughout The Land of Enchantment and ENA helps us serve as the link to one another. Emergency Nursing in NM is pioneered, courageous, healing, integrated & most of all unique. We strive for the same goals of excellence in practice, community outreach and compassionate care. With all of this we better serve the same purpose of being more alike than different.
Our mission is to advocate for patient safety and excellence in emergency nursing practice. We envision our self to be the global emergency nursing resource and advocate for Safe Practice and Safe Care.
Our values, derived from the vision of our co-founders Judith Kelleher and Anita Dorr, guide our priorities.
- The inclusion and contributions of nursing in collaboration with healthcare partners to explore solutions to the challenges of emergency care delivery
- Compassion as an essential element of the emergency nursing profession
- And embrace inclusion and diversity in all interactions and initiatives
- The team-based delivery of resources that meet the highest quality standards of excellence for patients and emergency nurses
- Lifelong learning and a culture of inquiry for the discovery, translation and integration of evidenced-based research into emergency nursing practice
- Our Code of Ethics and adheres to the principles of honesty and integrity
- The spirit of philanthropy which allows the advancement of the profession of emergency nursing and improving the lives of patients throughout the world.
And we place the highest value on our members for their contributions to the care of patients and their families, the emergency nursing profession, and our organization.
Not an ENA member? Join now!