Join us for a series of Virtual Obstetric Emergency Simulation Trainings. Available training dates are as follows:
- Virtual Obstetric Emergency Simulations
- February 2, 2021 1-5 PM
- March 9, 2021 8-12 PM
- May 25, 2021 8-12 PM
- Virtual Obstetric Emergency Training – Train the Trainer
Emergency medicine staff and first responders are often the experts women turn to when they are experiencing acute distress during and after pregnancy. However, Ohio's delivery hospitals found that only 30% of obstetric emergency simulations involve emergency department staff. The ODH Pregnancy-Associated Mortality Review program also revealed that 23% of pregnancy-related deaths in Ohio from 2008-2016 occurred in an emergency department or in an outpatient setting. The need to include emergency department staff and first responders in obstetric emergency simulations has never been more important.
These trainings will provide educational opportunities to increase knowledge and preparedness for obstetric emergencies and ultimately reduce preventable maternal morbidity & mortality in Ohio. See the attached fliers for more information or click here to register now!
- Who should take this training? Participants can include emergency physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, and first responders.
- Can’t make the first training date? No problem! Multiple trainings will be available in the future. Check out our websitefor additional dates.
- Trainings are FREE to attend.
- Earn up to 4 CME credits per training.
- Participants have a chance to win a FREE MamaNatalie Birthing Simulator.
- For additional questions, please contact CSEAC@osumc.edu
Sponsored by the Ohio State University College of Medicine’s Clinical Skills Education and Assessment Center in partnership with the Ohio Department of Health (ODH)